The Gynecomastia Center of Long Island can give you an independent and thorough second opinion of your gynecomastia diagnosis and gynecomastia surgery (male breast reduction) options. Oftentimes, men that come to us do not need gynecomastia surgery and their condition can be resolved non-surgically. We will provide you with the most up-to-date treatment options, review any doctor’s diagnosis or assessments, and thoroughly discuss our educated findings with you. If necessary, we will discuss all your surgical options with you.
“Dr. Breitbart was thorough and took time to answer my questions both before and after surgery. He and his office staff were kind, helpful, and committed to making sure I felt comfortable and satisfied with my results. I was nervous about the procedure but am so happy with the results. I would recommend Dr. Breitbart without reservations.” ~ Healthgrades
A second opinion from our best in class gynecomastia specialist can provide you the following benefits:
- Determine if you have considered all possible treatment options and if there are any other non-surgical or less invasive options for your gynecomastia.
- If surgery is necessary, what type of surgery should be performed? You may not need the complex surgery that was initially recommended.
- Are you a candidate for a new minimally invasive procedure that would provide a better outcome and a more rapid recovery?
- Do you qualify for a minimally invasive same-day surgical procedure, that would allow you to be home later that same afternoon, for a faster recovery and return to activity?
When Should You Get a Second Opinion? Unless your condition is life-threatening and requires emergency care, it is never a bad idea to seek a second opinion. In many cases, seeking a second opinion is not only warranted but necessary. These circumstances include if any of the following occurs:
- Surgery is one of the treatment options suggested.
- Numerous possible treatment options are available.
- After consulting with your doctor or another gynecomastia specialist (such as a plastic surgeon), you still have a number of unanswered questions.
- You are told by the doctor or another plastic surgeon that a specific type of treatment (such as the minimally invasive technique) cannot be used to treat your gynecomastia condition.
- You have been told by a doctor or another plastic surgeon that you are not a candidate for gynecomastia surgery.
- Your gynecomastia condition returns after treatment.
- You feel that there is something wrong with the diagnosis or suggested treatment for your condition.
For Professional & Non-Professional Athletes: The Gynecomastia Center of Long Island has extensive experience performing gynecomastia surgery on professional and elite athletes. Our surgical technique may enable athletes to return to play more quickly.
There are numerous benefits to getting a second opinion, including:
- Having a better understanding of your gynecomastia condition.
- Getting your questions answered by a gynecomastia specialist.
- Removing any doubts.
- Helping you to weigh the benefits and risks of the recommended treatment and / or surgery options.
- Helping you to make an informed, educated decision as to what treatment or which surgery is best for you.
The Gynecomastia Center of Long Island specializes in taking exceptional care of each patient from the initial complimentary gynecomastia consultation to the post-recovery period. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients come with the responsibility and dedication of the best in class, board certified plastic surgeon, and our staff to adhere to the utmost standards of excellence in patient care and final gynecomastia surgery outcome. As top rated, best in class gynecomastia surgery specialists, we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a gynecomastia consultation please feel free to contact our Long Island specialty gynecomastia practice:
Gynecomastia Center of Long Island
1155 Northern Boulevard
Manhasset, New York 11030